Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break

Yup having fun with it.

So that's it then, it is official. No further attempts will be made to upload the attachments from the previous site?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=393801]
(7th April 2021, 23:23)superior62 Wrote: So that's it then, it is official. No further attempts will be made to upload the attachments from the previous site?

No one said anything like this. The import process is and has been a VERY tedious affair because of the massive amount of data to import and the garbage code from the old forum. We already tried the import and it failed because of antiquated code. The staff is still working on it, but we do not have a timetable because of the amount of work required.

Okay. I was just wondering as the comments exchanged in the two posts above my last post made it sound like that, to me at least, was the case. Thanks for the clarification though.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=393801]

Any April/May update with news/general progress - it's gone awfully quiet here!

Spod (noun) - one who wastes time on nonproductive activities online.

I have not heard from Echoen regarding any new developments.

EDIT: Echoen has indicated that he has no updates to report. He is in the middle of a personal computer upgrade that has not been going according to plan, hence why he left no message here.

What News? Anything? it's approaching the end of May & there is no updates to speak of from the admins. Even a 'we've been to busy to give everyone an update' would be a communication at least.

Spod (noun) - one who wastes time on nonproductive activities online.
(26th May 2021, 07:05)spod Wrote: What News? Anything? it's approaching the end of May & there is no updates to speak of from the admins. Even a 'we've been to busy to give everyone an update' would be a communication at least.

When I get information from Echoen, I post it. No one is withholding anything.

To that end, Echoen had a discussion with the Staff yesterday. Little has been done because the real life jobs of the Staff members with the skills to finish fixing the forum have been taking precedence. We are looking for people who are skilled enough with CSS to help us out, but we nixed the idea of putting out a call for help on the form because of the lack of success we have had in the past. We are having to search outside the community for help and that is no easy task. We are trying to get things done as fast as we are able. Granted, that speed is not ideal or to everyone's liking, but we ARE trying. The issues we need to work out are not things a script kiddie can handle. We require skilled technicians. Finding someone we can trust with the forum and is comfortable with what we are is NOT an easy thing to accomplish. We ask for a little more patience.
STAFF take your time.

We have a home, at it works.

Just think if we were homeless, what a BIG cry.

Keep on, and thanks. Big Grin
(26th May 2021, 16:30)Dolfus Wrote: Just think if we were homeless, what a BIG cry.

It came pretty close to that a few times.