Futanari Palace
March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - Printable Version

+- Futanari Palace (https://futanaripalace.com)
+-- Forum: Palace Reception (https://futanaripalace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News (https://futanaripalace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break (/showthread.php?tid=43447)

Pages: 1 2 3

March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - Echoen - 23rd March 2021

Hello FP. I do not have good news to share.

Multiple things are breaking all at once, and the most likely reason is because the server that FP runs on has completely run out of space.

Why did FP run out of space? Root cause has not been identified, but it most likely has something to do with Old FP. The space it takes up suddenly ballooned and we do not yet know why.

We may need to wipe Old FP entirely. Will this affect the import? Most likely yes because that is where the old images are imported from.

Some people have reported SQL errors. Others have reported that they cannot log into FP at all.

In a few days we will have completed making a copy of the old site so none of the data is lost, and begin to look into what the hell happened and what we can do about it.

In further unfortunate news - there is no way to 'upgrade' the server. The server host does not have that functionality. We would need to buy a new server (at their new, higher prices) and then do another migration.

Not having answers is worse than having bad answers, so I will update in a few days when I learn more.

RE: March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - jokermon - 23rd March 2021

Thank you for doing all that you and all the other mods/admins are doing/continuing to do. I am very grateful for your efforts and will be patient.

Cheers,
jokey

RE: March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - superior62 - 23rd March 2021

So will old FP not return then even as a locked archive? Sad

RE: March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - Keahi19 - 25th March 2021

So that's why I had the SQUL error that made me stuck outside of here. O_O Well nuts the space suddenly ballooned. I suppose we do need to make sure that we have seperated some of the imports. Cause yeah the higher financials sounds annoying. Thanks for keeping us posted even if the news was bad news. -_-

RE: March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - Echoen - 30th March 2021

Following up:

Space issue has been resolved, but this does mean that Old FP is gone. The data has been backed up so it exists on an unconnected hard drive, so it's not lost, but it will be offline for the time being (and might not ever come back, depends on what our technical team can find was the problem).

SQL errors when sending a private message is a problem, but at least people can log back in now.

RE: March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - Echoen - 30th March 2021

The PM SQL issue has been resolved. Kudos to our technical team!!

RE: March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - superior62 - 30th March 2021

(30th March 2021, 16:23)Echoen Wrote: Following up:

Space issue has been resolved, but this does mean that Old FP is gone. The data has been backed up so it exists on an unconnected hard drive, so it's not lost, but it will be offline for the time being (and might not ever come back, depends on what our technical team can find was the problem).

SQL errors when sending a private message is a problem, but at least people can log back in now.

Well, that is disappointing to hear, especially if the import of attachments from the old site continues to not work. Is that import process still intended/happening/ongoing at this point or has it been abandoned?

RE: March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - Echoen - 31st March 2021

(30th March 2021, 23:11)superior62 Wrote:
(30th March 2021, 16:23)Echoen Wrote: Following up:

Well, that is disappointing to hear, especially if the import of attachments from the old site continues to not work. Is that import process still intended/happening/ongoing at this point or has it been abandoned?

The attachment data has been migrated but not attached, yet, as this involves a bunch of ad-hoc code and is a huge pain to deal with.

RE: March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - Keahi19 - 4th April 2021

I am alright with only the most current stuff being saved as we do have some back ups. And the files can always be requested later I guess if someone thinks of it. Not to be uploaded, but either way thanks for the work.

RE: March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - Naughty Faun - 7th April 2021

(4th April 2021, 22:28)Keahi19 Wrote: I am alright with only the most current stuff being saved as we do have some back ups. And the files can always be requested later I guess if someone thinks of it. Not to be uploaded, but either way thanks for the work.

I guess our only option now is to "refill the empty cup" Blush 
At least I've already reuploaded images I did for futanarization thread