Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break

Hello FP. I do not have good news to share.

Multiple things are breaking all at once, and the most likely reason is because the server that FP runs on has completely run out of space.

Why did FP run out of space? Root cause has not been identified, but it most likely has something to do with Old FP. The space it takes up suddenly ballooned and we do not yet know why.

We may need to wipe Old FP entirely. Will this affect the import? Most likely yes because that is where the old images are imported from.

Some people have reported SQL errors. Others have reported that they cannot log into FP at all.

In a few days we will have completed making a copy of the old site so none of the data is lost, and begin to look into what the hell happened and what we can do about it.

In further unfortunate news - there is no way to 'upgrade' the server. The server host does not have that functionality. We would need to buy a new server (at their new, higher prices) and then do another migration.

Not having answers is worse than having bad answers, so I will update in a few days when I learn more.

Messages In This Thread
March Update - Lack of Space Makes Things Break - by Echoen - 23rd March 2021, 00:48