Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Without funding, Futanari Palace will shut down. (Funding obtained)

Yes, any news?

Swammy is waiting on Patreon to get off their ass and verify the new account. Apparently setting up an Adult Patreon with them now is like pulling teeth.

Hey guys.

I'm taking a very hands off approach to the site on and off. Very willingly have I taken responsibility to maintain the site and help it out. Because of Patreon's updated stuff on Adult Material I have a trouble ticket in on how long they're taking to get me authorized to withdraw from adult verification of ownership.

I will NOT take anyone's money if I can't use it to maintain and promote the site. I have the costs covered on my own dime in the meantime. Sure, having help will help me, but I have have set aside my own personal funds for the site so that it does not die in the meantime.

Please be patient (as I have to be patient) with Patreon and other sites.

Thanks Everyone.

(10th October 2024, 23:51)swammy Wrote: Hey guys.

I'm taking a very hands off approach to the site on and off.  Very willingly have I taken responsibility to maintain the site and help it out.  Because of Patreon's updated stuff on Adult Material I have a trouble ticket in on how long they're taking to get me authorized to withdraw from adult verification of ownership.

I will NOT take anyone's money if I can't use it to maintain and promote the site.  I have the costs covered on my own dime in the meantime.  Sure, having help will help me, but I have have set aside my own personal funds for the site so that it does not die in the meantime.

Please be patient (as I have to be patient) with Patreon and other sites. 

Thanks Everyone.

Really glad for the update and relieved that you're able to handle the cost for the time being. Have you considered subscribe star as an alternative as well? You could offer both and let people choose which service to use.

I will admit, I stopped donating to the patreon before under the previous ownership because after that initial surge of support brought by this very thread two years ago, there was very little progress on updating the site or adding new features and there was an extreme lack of communication on what was being worked on and the progress of it. Months would go by with little to no progress updates, either here or on patreon, including a lack of responses to my direct comments/questions, and it just killed whatever motivation I had to continue supporting. I just felt like I was wasting my money.

Honestly, with how the economy is going at the moment and how little this site has to offer me at the moment, I don't know if I'll support the site monetarily in the future unless there is some kind of assurance that some actual progress will be made on bringing it up to modern standards in regards to features and functionality.

Thanks for the update!! And take your time, I know how hostile patreon is becoming for adult stuff.

Swammy you are spending a ton of work to keep the website going. Thank you for the effort and finances you put to it.

(11th October 2024, 00:10)SaintMichael95 Wrote: ... I will admit, I stopped donating to the patreon before under the previous ownership because after that initial surge of support brought by this very thread two years ago, there was very little progress on updating the site or adding new features and there was an extreme lack of communication on what was being worked on and the progress of it. Months would go by with little to no progress updates, either here or on patreon, including a lack of responses to my direct comments/questions, and it just killed whatever motivation I had to continue supporting. I just felt like I was wasting my money.

Honestly, with how the economy is going at the moment and how little this site has to offer me at the moment, I don't know if I'll support the site monetarily in the future unless there is some kind of assurance that some actual progress will be made on bringing it up to modern standards in regards to features and functionality.

Valid points. I'd address this a little:

With honesty: we can't promise progress. I've been doing some background stuff. Had a few hours of free time, and wrote a crude story read-only view (if someone knows some HTML and CSS for that, PM me).

We got a few thoughts and ideas. dxasmodeus is steering them in a good way.

We switched the technology stack with the migration, replacing the Apache2 with nginx webserver (which sped up page loads), and dropping the original monthly costs to about 20 % of what it was before.

Besides that... I am not the captain, just the guy greasing and oiling the cockwheels.
(19th October 2024, 02:51)SwordMasterLink Wrote: Valid points. I'd address this a little:

With honesty: we can't promise progress. I've been doing some background stuff. Had a few hours of free time, and wrote a crude story read-only view (if someone knows some HTML and CSS for that, PM me).

We switched the technology stack with the migration, replacing the Apache2 with nginx webserver (which sped up page loads), and dropping the original monthly costs to about 20 % of what it was before.

Besides that... I am not the captain, just the guy greasing and oiling the cockwheels.

Fair enough and I'm glad stuff is happening in the background. Thanks for the response.
(19th October 2024, 03:07)SaintMichael95 Wrote:
(19th October 2024, 02:51)SwordMasterLink Wrote: Valid points. I'd address this a little:

Fair enough and I'm glad stuff is happening in the background. Thanks for the response.

To add to this, give us some time. I know that most members have long since lost patience and have left, but we are essentially rebuilding everything. It is not just the site, but we have to rebuild the community. That takes effort, time and incentive. Rest assured that we are working on things.

So you know, I just introduced a Changelog.