Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Without funding, Futanari Palace will shut down.

Hello Futanari Palace,

I know that while things are stuck in limbo that things aren't the best they could be, especially when compared with how great this place could look (and function) in our modern era of 2022.

However, the costs to pay for the server and infrastructure are paid for by this community. You are the reason this place exists at all and without your support, this place would have shut down long ago.

Unfortunately, as of last month, the financial mechanism to pay server renewal feels dropped below the minimum threshold. 

Donations to keep FP running are made through https://www.patreon.com/FutanariPalace and must be at least $70 per month. 

I am fine with covering a month or two (as I have in the past) or picking up the last mile to reach this minimum amount. There's a good horde of folks that use this site that there's a robust community that would lose out if this place were to disappear.

If you can see fit to keep FP supported, I will continue to make this this place functions into perpetuity. It is very fortunate that the actual costs have not gone up even as inflation skyrockets everywhere else.

Best regards,
Echoen

UPDATE 5/13: Support has increased enough for me to cover the difference for now. Thank you to all who have spared what you can to keep this place and archive alive.

I have been trying, but for some reason patreon refuses to accept any of my cards or accounts. I talked to both my bank and Patreon and they are both pointing fingers at the other. Wait you can use paypal for patreon right?

I'm actually putting 25$ CAD into the patreon.

so I'm doing my part!

(5th May 2022, 16:46)Echoen Wrote: Hello Futanari Palace,

I know that while things are stuck in limbo that things aren't the best they could be, especially when compared with how great this place could look (and function) in our modern era of 2022.

However, the costs to pay for the server and infrastructure are paid for by this community. You are the reason this place exists at all and without your support, this place would have shut down long ago.

Unfortunately, as of last month, the financial mechanism to pay server renewal feels dropped below the minimum threshold. 

Donations to keep FP running are made through https://www.patreon.com/FutanariPalace and must be at least $70 per month. 

I am fine with covering a month or two (as I have in the past) or picking up the last mile to reach this minimum amount. There's a good horde of folks that use this site that there's a robust community that would lose out if this place were to disappear.

If you can see fit to keep FP supported, I will continue to make this this place functions into perpetuity. It is very fortunate that the actual costs have not gone up even as inflation skyrockets everywhere else.

Best regards,
Echoen

Just subscribed at the 5 dollar tier. Will go to 15 if I have to.

Edit: also, I would suggest making some kind of banner on the home page to remind people about it. I didn't even realize that the site was in such dire need of funding until a post was made in the Stories forum.

Joined yesterday I hope it helps

I'm also now supporting. I've enjoyed this forum for too many years to just give up on it.

A banner to tell everyone does seem like a good idea, just so that some can notice. I barely noticed myself. *Nods*

Just want to say I'm really proud of and thankful for all my fellow patrons. I think we've at least doubled the funding, so great job everyone!

Edit: I think I'm gonna increase my pledge to 15 to put us over $100 USD.

Is anything being done to actually repair the crippled site? Most of my stories are gone, and the ones that remain are showing as un-formatted gibberish.
(8th July 2022, 08:17)cuteycindyhoney Wrote: Is anything being done to actually repair the crippled site? Most of my stories are gone, and the ones that remain are showing as un-formatted gibberish.

You would have to ask Echoen directly. I have not heard of any updates recently.