Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
June Update

Hi Folks,

As we approach the six month mark of the transition to MyBB, I am happy to report that the site is stable. This stability has continued despite the weekly attacks that our server host detects and vacuums up, and the occasional script-kiddie hack attempt. I wanted to wait half a year before mentioning any of these publicly lest some jackass decide to hit us right as we were getting things set up or trying to fix other issues.

Yet as you may have noticed, the site appears and functions essentially exactly as it did when we first migrated to myBB. The individuals (myself included) with the technical knowledge of how to do anything have been completely busy with our careers outside FP, and what little time we've been able to carve out to hammer at either the attachment import, the theme/layout, or other quality-of-life features did not actually result in much improvement. This was especially true starting in March as the demands of reality and the offline life meant that little progress was made on anything that would even warrant an update. I apologize for setting the expectation that there would be monthly updates in the first place; tech does not move forward at a monthly rate.

Futanari Palace will remain as it is for as long as donations continue to pay for the costs. Current donation levels pay for monthly expenses and enough to pay for the yearly expenses, so there should be no fear that FP will vanish. Stable site, stable community, stable funding - existence has largely been automated.

Unfortunately, improvements are not automated. Finding trustworthy people with technical skills who are willing to work on an adult website for no pay is also not automated. At best, pick three. Most often, pick two.

The remaining technical staff are available only in an emergency situation. Recruitment of new technical staff has failed, and I do not have the capacity to continue searching, interviewing, and verifying. Our administrative staff is also limited to 'emergency response only' likewise due to the demands of their own lives. I do have to shout-out to Dxasmodeus for stepping up and assuming many roles that had formerly been spread out amongst a wide range of administrative positions.

-----------------------

What's next for Futanari Palace?

You, the community, control the future of this site. All this technical stuff and back-end jargon is just a means to an end, the end being to deliver a healthy, horny, sustainable community for Futanari lovers, people who self-identify as Futanari, our allies, and all the adjacent kink-friendly communities that either spun off from us, grew up around us, or inherited some of our mantles.

We need trustworthy people with technical skills willing to work on this adult website for no pay. These people will either come from this community or be recruited by people in this community. Until new tech staff come on board and get vetted, the site will continue as-is indefinitely. However, there is the possibility to just hire someone if the FP community bands together to self-fund a one-time payment for a professional service to do 'all the things' you want done. I do have the capacity to manage and oversee that person, but I will not start any major fundraising effort to do so.

Furthermore, if you want to join the administrative team and just generally help out, that's OK too. There isn't much to actually... do... since more or less any bad-faith jerks have been weeded out of this community long ago and the current infrastructure stops the bots. This isn't an open call for people to join the admin team; I'm just not going to outright say no off the bat. Hah. Bat. Because I'm a futanari bat furry.

-----------------------

Thank you for your patience and generosity towards this community that's nearing 20 years of existence. Please continue to be kind to the newcomers who still join this site every week and share the very best of what FP has to offer.

Best regards,

Echoen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

*Sees my Dr. Mr. Horse avatar* Big Grin

Echoen pretty much said it; we need tech-heads to get the place where we want it. My own skills kinda went out the window when GW BASIC became obsolete, which hints more at my age than I care to let on. Without fresh blood in the IT area, we are kind of at a standstill.

Sadly I've no technical skills, otherwise I'd offer my services. My IT sense starts with "push the reset/power button" and ends with "unplug it, wait 10 seconds, replug it."

If you like loli futa girls with big dicks on girly sissy boys, please check out my ongoing story Special Needs: Journey to that Special Place!
Or if you enjoy some incestuous fun between two loli futa sisters please check out my prequel spin-off series Special Needs Origins: On Sister! - located in the same link!

I'm afraid that I have no relevant technical skills, but I can offer my services as a moderator if needed.

(2nd June 2021, 04:37)crazygrof Wrote: I'm afraid that I have no relevant technical skills, but I can offer my services as a moderator if needed.

We appreciate your offer, but the current site traffic does not require additional moderator staff at this time. Should that change, we will post a thread calling for volunteers.

Good luck, I am far far from a tech savvy individual. Long as it keeps up here I am alright. Though I can think of increasing my donation at some point in the future.

Thanks a lot for all the great and hard work you're all doing, we really owe you FP Staff.

Unfortunately I don't have any technical knowledge that I can share with you, I'm so sorry -_-

Ping?
Btw I'm not in FP discord anymore

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best ©
You can join my Discord or support me on Patreon ^_^

1. There's a %%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%% string below the Threads: in a user's post.
2. It takes a long time to send a private message.

(6th June 2021, 20:57)Zero3K Wrote: 1. There's a %%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%% string below the Threads: in a user's post.
2. It takes a long time to send a private message.

Both are known issues.