Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
AbsurdMind Wrote:Its a mix between engineering and chemistry. Basic knowledge about mechanical engineering and all kind of materials: Glass, Plastics, ferrous metals, non ferrous-metals (containing Light-, heavy- and noblemetals and "Refraktärmetalle" (i dont find a translation), they are metals like Tungsten), materials for the electronic industy, heat resistat materials, fibre-reinforced-plastics and so on... the only one we don't talk about is Wood XD
Yeah "manufactoring" because we talk additionally over thinks like forging and rolling metal plates. But i don't know if this is the right word^^

It's manufacturing. Anyway yes I think glass and metals are very interesting due to how they respond and react.

I saw this a while ago but are you aware of the St. Ruperts drop? This videos explains the concept as well as the science explaining how it works.

[video=youtube;xe-f4gokRBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-f4gokRBs[/video]
Furaffinity Page. My scrubby attempt at learning to draw.

"Can't you see? I'm always. One. Step. Ahead."

Yeah I know the St. Ruperts Drop. SInce we have a single lecture just for Glass, this example comes to speak, because you can explain the function of internal stress very well with this.^^