Futanari Palace
SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - Printable Version

+- Futanari Palace (https://futanaripalace.com)
+-- Forum: Palace Reception (https://futanaripalace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News (https://futanaripalace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND (/showthread.php?tid=44163)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - swammy - 19th May 2024

(19th May 2024, 22:09)Keahi19 Wrote: I remember when that happened and yeah when it went down we lost a ton of the people who normally were here. I remember some just disappearing. I think we tried to rebuild, but it wasn't the best. Seeing someone with a plan is a good thing.

Well, the plans are still very nebulous at this point.  But I do plan on condensing the nebula (lets call it the Futa Nebula of greater inner space) into at the very least a more manageable format than something that could spread out over several light years of conceptualizations. 

TLDR?  Still in planning mode.  

However, there will be some actual plans and actuals in our scope of work that we're working on.

RE: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - terrebone - 20th May 2024

(19th May 2024, 22:09)Keahi19 Wrote: I remember when that happened and yeah when it went down we lost a ton of the people who normally were here. I remember some just disappearing. I think we tried to rebuild, but it wasn't the best. Seeing someone with a plan is a good thing.

Yep, exactly. And someone with a plan is preferable to being cast adrift in cyberspace.

RE: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - Graciela L - 20th May 2024

(19th May 2024, 22:27)swammy Wrote:

Well, the plans are still very nebulous at this point.  But I do plan on condensing the nebula (lets call it the Futa Nebula of greater inner space) into at the very least a more manageable format than something that could spread out over several light years of conceptualizations. 

However, there will be some actual plans and actuals in our scope of work that we're working on.

Take as much time as needed!

RE: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - swammy - 21st May 2024

(20th May 2024, 16:17)Graciela L Wrote:

Honestly, the biggest problem right now is that the server host is completely incommunicado for help and support.

Like we can NOT get through in any line of communication.  It is like the people who actually run the company that hosts the data have all gone AFK from their station and have not even left a forwarding message.

No live support, no response to tickets, no nothing.

We are looking at potential avenues of a fix as I do not want Echoen and team to keep paying the bills on this directly as I have guaranteed that I will take over the financial responsibility and the time needed to move the site forward.

Don't Worry guys.  We do have solutions we are discussing (almost daily in fact).  We just don't want to act on one over the other before making sure it is the RIGHT one.

No spaghetti code horrible transfer this time.  No-Sir-Re-Bob.

RE: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - terrebone - 21st May 2024

Thanks for the updates, appreciate your efforts!

RE: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - Keahi19 - 22nd May 2024

OOH that's what has caused the frustration. Just want to collect the checks most likely.

RE: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - hentaiguy8780 - 23rd May 2024

(21st May 2024, 02:11)swammy Wrote:
(20th May 2024, 16:17)Graciela L Wrote:

Honestly, the biggest problem right now is that the server host is completely incommunicado for help and support.

Like we can NOT get through in any line of communication.  It is like the people who actually run the company that hosts the data have all gone AFK from their station and have not even left a forwarding message.

No live support, no response to tickets, no nothing.

We are looking at potential avenues of a fix as I do not want Echoen and team to keep paying the bills on this directly as I have guaranteed that I will take over the financial responsibility and the time needed to move the site forward.

Don't Worry guys.  We do have solutions we are discussing (almost daily in fact).  We just don't want to act on one over the other before making sure it is the RIGHT one.

No spaghetti code horrible transfer this time.  No-Sir-Re-Bob.

Wonder if you could ring up OVH as they are the parent company there. With regards to data, how much is out there in terms of content?

RE: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - swammy - 23rd May 2024

So it's not about the search button issue. It's about new users and them seeing or not seeing missing content. We wanna make sure we don't have another horrible site shift like last time as we build towards a better future.

Expecting new users to know how to navigate and how to search for things automatically as people who've been here is a good way to also expect them to just leave as they're not part of the 'Community'.

I really wish to see growth of the server not decline. As such trying to make sure we don't lose stuff this time around is a must for me

RE: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - SwordMasterLink - 25th May 2024

Update from technical advisor:

- It's multiple hundreds of GB.
- Preliminary testing confirmed that moving the Hoster should be feasible.

Due to the sheer size and the pretty much non-responsive support from the pre-existing hosting company, matters are progressing in the magnitude of weeks. Also I seem to have a recurring preference for words starting with 'pre'.

RE: SEEKING NEW OWNER OF FUTANARIPALACE - NEW OWNER FOUND - Graciela L - 25th May 2024

(25th May 2024, 00:02)SwordMasterLink Wrote: Update from technical advisor:

- It's multiple hundreds of GB.
- Preliminary testing confirmed that moving the Hoster should be feasible.

Due to the sheer size and the pretty much non-responsive support from the pre-existing hosting company, matters are progressing in the magnitude of weeks. Also I seem to have a recurring preference for words starting with 'pre'.

Thanks for the update!